Friday, March 26, 2004

Tony gets really into his Blog........

Please take note of some changes I've made to this page:

1. I now have the ability to post photos. I've re-edited the last two posts, plus the bonus story include here, to include scans (bought the scanner today!) of the ticket stubs for those shows. I will try to include pictures or clippings or any other items that I have that pertain to future stories. Fun!

2. I've included my email addy on the sidebar (over there <--). Email me anytime, but please continue to leave comments here on the page at the end of the stories when you feel like it.

3. Also on the sidebar are two new links to Blogs written by friends of mine, Chris Brown--whose Blog inspired me to start my own--and Steve Portela. Just a warning, it gets a little (whispering here) political over there from time to time. But they're always interesting.

4. Keep scrolling down. I posted a story here and another last Thursday night.

MANDATORY CONCERT EXPERIENCE CONTENT:

With our YES tickets in hand and the sound of gravel cruching under our feet, my wife Mary and I were making our way from the car in the makeshift lot to the Shorline Ampitheater in Mountain View, CA when we witnessed the following event take place between four young guys tailgating before the show. I'll warn you all that it gets a little blue here.

Dude #1 is searching the truck of a late '90s Honda.

Dude #1: FUCK!!

Dude #2: What, what!?!

Dude #1: You forgot the fucking cups!

Dude #3: Aw shit, man.

Dude #4: Dude.

Dude #2: So what? We can still drink without cups, man.

Dude #1: How in the hell are we supposed to drink Seven and 7 without cups?! You had one fucking job and that was to bring cups. CUPS!

Dude#4: Dude!

Dude#2 (to Dude#4): Fuck you!

Dude#1: Cups! Now there's no Seven and 7.

Dude#2: Well.........

Dude#3: Fuck it, man. Give me the good 7.

With that he grabs the bottle and wrestles with the top. As I looked back over my shoulder, he was chugging straight from the bottle and it appeared that Dudes numbered 1, 2 and 4 were lining up to take swigs. I'm pretty sure that the two liter bottle of 7Up stayed sealed all night and all hard feelings were left out there on the gravel of the Shoreline parking lot.