Thursday, November 16, 2006

5 Little Things 11.16.06

Hi folks. Sorry for the delay. A recent car accident sidelined me for a little bit there. I'm fine, but the Ford didn't take too well to the lady running the red light. I'll tell you all about it over on the other blog later. In the meantime, here's 5 little things.

1. The fucking Who got their album out before Guns and Roses. Talk about the tortoise and the hare. It's probably been said a million times already, but am I the only one who gets the joke about the supposed album being called Chinese Democracy? As in, never gonna happen?

2. I missed seeing Gov't Mule perform live on the West Coast run for the first time in 8 years. It just didn't happen for me. Listening to the brilliant new album has me almost being there, smelling the smoke and tasting the Anchor Steam, but it's just not the same.

3. Rod Stewart has put out a lackluster collection of classic rock cover tunes that I bought for my wife. She loves Stewart and I like him just fine, but I'm getting frustrated. After four volumes of songs for your parents' parents, he's now moved into songs for just your parents. I suppose he'll have to put out a disc of lullabies and an audio book of him reading the latest Tom Clancy thriller before he gets around to a Faces reunion.

4. Bob Seeger has apparently resurfaced with a new album and a threat to tour. Who will go if Jimmy Buffet is on tour at the same time?

5. I wake up with a song in my head every day. It's kind of like how those fuckers on Earth play some lame shit for the Space Shuttle astronauts to wake up to and we get a snippet on Headline News. I wish I knew how that song gets in my head because sometimes it's off the wall. Sometimes, it makes sense; maybe I heard the tune in a commercial jingle or movie soundtrack the previous day. Sometimes, it's a really kickass tune that makes me think my day is going to just be bitchin'. Today, it was a No Doubt tune that I don't know the name of. What the fuck?