Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Still Alive and Posting (Barely) 6/22/05

Hello faithful and patient readers. Sorry for the ridiculous delay between Parts One and Two of the Velvet Revolver story. Part Three should be a quick one because it's about the performance itself, so I will get that one off soon.

One reason for the lapse in posts is that I've gotten myself involved in a project launched over on Chris's blog site--y'know, the liberal guy over there on the sidebar to the right. In the spirit of the old mix tapes that we all made back in the day, he has proposed a mix CD exchange called the Mixed Bag. Although I was intrigued as I read all about round one a while back, I did not participate. But I couldn't resist this time and built what I think is a pretty damn good disc. A group of 26 of us signed up to make a mix CD and send it to everyone on the list. In return, I'll be getting everyone's else's CDs as well. Compiling a CD for a bunch of people I don't know at all was a little daunting, but exciting as well.

(By the way, hello and welcome to all the Mixed Baggers out there if you're checking me out for the first time by virtue of my disc or the link on Chris Brown's site. I don't post often, but check the archives for more concert tales.)

Anyway, the picking of songs, burning, packaging, and mailing 25 CDs took up a bunch of my free time, but I enjoyed every minute of it. The other's CDs are coming in the mail at a pretty good pace and I've heard some of the weirdest shit ever recorded. But the strange thing is, I'm enjoying stuff I'd never even consider buying. I went into the project with that spirit and designed most of my disc with that in mind for others. (Well, not the weird part, just the turning people onto new things part.)

In a few days, I hope to post my own CDs track list for anyone that is interested. I'll also post up a review or two of some of these Mixed Bag CDs I'm getting.

Thanks for stopping by.......................T.