Friday, September 02, 2005

George Lucas Has Nothing On Me

Please note that the Velvet Revolver story is done and can be read below. The Neverending Story ends with a whimper and only took me untold weeks (months?) to finish. Now I can get to the other stories in my head.

A book recommendation for all you behind the scenes types in the rock and roll world. I'm almost done with So You Wanna Be A Rock & Roll Star by Jacob Slichter. The author was (is?) the drummer for Semisonic, known mostly for the song Closing Time. This book is fascinating and gives an eye opening look into the music business, especially the machinations of pop hit radio. It's written in a very conversational style and has been a quick read for me, someone who struggles to find time for recreational reading.

On the horizon:
Ozzfest 2005
Black Crowes at the Fillmore

Keep comin' back, damn ya!