Saturday, April 29, 2006

New Installment To The Black Crowes Story!!

Scroll down, faithful readers, for another installment to the epic Black Crowes story. (When the band actually appears in this tale, I'm not sure yet.)

Speaking of the Crowes, the wife and I are heading south to Bakersfield tonight to see them perform at the Fox Theater. This show snuck up on me. My friend Chet (one of the stars of the Ozzfest '99 and Primus tales oh so long ago on this site) emailed me and mentioned that he was heading to a small town on the central coast called Pozo to see the Black Crowes this coming Sunday. We initially thought about joining them over there, but the prospect of getting up for work Monday after a day in the sun was a little much for the wife. Oh well. Then we heard about the Bakersfield show scheduled for the night before. We decided that we could easily do a down and back for the Crowes on a Saturday night. We were going to take our niece to see a couple of tribute bands in Fresno, but the three of us opted for the Crowes, natch. Looks like we'll be seeing our friends Lefty and wife, plus Steve (Posts Less Than Tony) Portela at the show as well.

On a side note, I kind of wish we were going over to the coast for Sunday's show. We would have gone over on Saturday and stayed the night, which as it turns out would have given us the chance to see King's X in San Luis Obispo. D'oh! I guess this is a "bird in the hand" type of thing. Or better, a five birds in Bakersfield type of thing.

Enjoy the new chapter and leave feedback or email to let me know how I'm doin'.

Tony